Summer Outdoor Entertaining Tips
Beyond the shadow of a doubt, any one of us who has stepped outside but for a moment is fully aware that summer has truly arrived. When it comes to the weather, mornings are tolerable, afternoons are sticky and humid, and evenings have definitely become the most comfortable time to gather and spend quality time with family and friends without having to worry about getting sunburnt or experiencing heatstroke.
The season for outdoor entertaining is upon us! With this in mind, here are a few tips to ensure that you have all that you need for the quintessential get-together right from the comfort of your home:
- Lay out the basic space. Think about whether you would like your guests to be seated or standing as they’re enjoying their meal. Then, arrange your seating or standing areas accordingly.
- Dress the tables. Keep in mind that presentation and decor are everything! Paper napkins should be used strictly for cocktails, while dining calls for the use of cloth napkins. Check out our Amaya Table Napkins Set. For silverware, make use of “take-one” containers that invite guests. Bring your tables to life with colorful china pieces or other decor. Use centrepieces that are attractive yet simple. A flower vase with fresh cuttings is always a nice touch.
- Brighten up the night. If food is the prose in a party, lighting is its poetry. It’s difficult to go wrong with clear strands of lights woven through plants or candles. Have a look at our outdoor lanterns! Citronella candles will also help keep mosquitoes at bay. Present them tastefully with our Lily Wicker Votive Holders.
Here’s a recipe for a simple summer cooler to keep your guests refreshed:
Honeydew, Cucumber, and Mint Cooler
- 1 honeydew melon, peeled and chopped
- 1 English cucumber, 1/2 chopped and 1/2 thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, plus one lemon, thinly sliced, for serving
- splash of gin (optional)
- Puree the melon, chopped cucumber, and mint in a blender until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a large pitcher.
- Add the lemon juice and sliced cucumber. Chill for 30 minutes or up to 12 hours. Stir well before serving. Serve over ice, garnished with lemon slices. Add a splash of gin, if desired.
**recipe sourced from https://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/honeydew-cucumber-mint-cooler